The summer solstice is the right time to work on prosperity, gaining the energy of abundance and growth that is found all around. So that you can prepare for the ritual in advance, today we present you the content of the spell called "Green Prosperity".
The best time to celebrate is noon, and the place - outside, under the brightly shining sun, but if you do not have the opportunity, you can do it at another time and in a closed room.
To perform the "Green Prosperity" spell you need:
- green candle
- heat-resistant dish to put a candle on it and put herbs around the candle;
- two small bowls: one with salt, the other with cold water;
- incense - with the scent of sandalwood, Nag Champa, lavender, or sun flavored incense - or in its place use white sage;
- a small pointed object for drawing on a candle, like a toothpick or nail;
- an empty bowl, for example, a ceramic pyramid or a cauldron;
- three or four kinds of herbs: thyme, basil, rosemary, verbena, St. John's wort, yarrow
- a piece of paper on which you will write down the content of the spell (unless you manage to memorize it or say the right intentions in your own words).
1. Make a runic symbol of the Fehu rune on the candle. You can also draw on a candle a solar symbol, an isosceles cross or a solar cross (these are symbols of the Sun movement marked by two solstices), a spiral (a spiral symbol of the Sun's path throughout the year), a circle or any other summer solstice symbols that are close to you.
2. Set the candle in the center of the heat-resistant dish, sticking it with freshly melted wax. Carefully spread the herbs around the edge of the dish.
3. Light a candle and say the following words:
I call the power of the sun during the summer to energize my magical activities with the help of the Fire element
4. Sprinkle herbs with a little salt and say:
I call the element of the earth to energize my magical activities and bless those plants that were born from her fertile soil.
5. Spray the herbs with a little water and say the words:
I call the Element of Water to energize my magic activities just like the rain strengthens all vegetation in the fields and meadows.
6. Now light sage or incense and cense herbs, saying:
If the Wind spreads and impregnates the whole world, let it also bring me prosperity and abundance.
7. Take some of each herb in your hands and hold them. Feel their energy vibrating between your fingers and crush them gently so that their aromas rise towards the summer sun. Then say the following spell:
Here are herbs and plants, the sun and light strengthened by the glory of the summer solstice. Greenery green, gold brightening, let prosperity flow. Let it be!
8. Place the herbs that you keep in the empty bowl or ceramic pyramid and place them on the altar in the full sun. Let the candle burn to the end.
More rituals for the summer solstice can be found in the book Deborah Blake: Litha.